In this week’s episode, David is off and Bill Wirtz, host of the ConsEUmer Podcast and Senior Policy Analyst at the Consumer Choice Center, sits in.
-The US should not copy-paste the EU’s agricultural rules
-China’s tech industry is being destroyed from within
-What it’s like at a casino in Luxemburg
- INTERVIEW: Ashley Baker (@andashleysays) – Director of Public Policy, The Committee for Justice
- What is the goal of antitrust?
- When the progressives and the conservatives agree on regulating big companies
- The new FTC chair Lina Kahn and what she represents
- Biden’s executive order on competition and consumers, and how it will weaponize antitrust
- INTERVIEW: Bartley J. Madden – An independent researcher and author, Madden retired as a managing director of Credit Suisse Holt after a career in money management and investment research that included the founding of Callard Madden & Associates. His work in public policy has resulted in the Free To Choose Medicine plan, which was developed in journal articles published in Regulation, Cancer Biotherapy & Radiopharmaceuticals, Medical Hypotheses, and Engage.
- Promising legislation that will help supercharge the FDA
- Free to choose medicine and its success in Japan
- Reciprocity as a beginning, but we must go further
- The success of quickly implementing vaccines shows the FDA can be nimble, but we need it at all times, not just in an emergency
- There are great outcomes from doctors experimenting using their judgment and open-sourcing their data
- The status quo is far too costly and risks lives as it is
- Optimism on getting the FDA up to speed
- Boosting the Return on Investment is vital for new medicines
Broadcast on 29. July 2021
Produced by the Consumer Choice Center.